Sunday, November 21, 2010

21. Baldy Nov 21 Sun

(7:35 am Sun Nov 21, 2010)

I have been meaning to say hello for almost an hour now gentle reader. Not to get started on writing the story in earnest mind you, just to say hello. But I got side tracked. One thing led to another. Reading emails, catching up on identi.ca and following links. You know who you are... And now I am still deep in the middle of that little endeavor.

[ Thu Nov 18, 2010 - night ]

(3:48 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010)

I can't explain.

Don't even ask.

Seriously.

*** West ***

Well, there goes any serious thoughts of 4k today.

West. Westward ho.

West. Western.

West. West wind.

West. Go west young man.

West. Bat.

West. Wood.

West. North, South, East.

Ever wonder why the New World isn't considered the West and the Old World isn't considered the East?

I already feel like I am in plod mode gentle reader. If it comes to this, plod I will. I really rather not but will if I have to. Forgive me if it comes to that today. I ask this kindness of you gentle reader.

I can tell you one thing that burned some of the middle of my day though. I had to mix up some of that hamburger crumble meal that Mary made the other night.

So everyone slept well and woke up refreshed.

[ Fri Nov 19, 2010 - morning ]

Mary was up first and made some bush tea for a change. She sat on her front porch and read the paper while enjoying the quiet and the morning coolness.

(4:47 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010)

----------
Nov 21/10

What you gonna find
When you inspect yourself
Inspect yourself
What you gonna find
Inside yourself
Inside your head
Inspect yourself
Inspect yourself

----------
Nov 21/10

Dancing underwater
With a damsel in distress
I can see she's fine
But man I aint lying
That gal puts me to the test

----------
Nov 21/10

I got a bag of desire and a
Box of wants
And I lit a fire where your
Memory haunts
My childhood dreams and my
Grown up plans
The fire burns higher and meets
All your demands

----------

It is just not working gentle reader. A tabula rasa moment as it were. Although not related to birth per se.

Mary saw Devlin's light go on and smiled.

Baldy woke up and saw Mary on the porch and made his over the roof morning journey and joined her.

"Hey Baldy, how are you feeling this morning? Did you sleep well?" asked Mary.

"I had a good night's sleep thanks. I feel pretty good this morning. How about you?" replied Baldy.

Mary scratched behind his ears and rubbed down along his back and pulled his tail. Baldy didn't particularly like his tail being pulled but Mary liked to tease him in that way on the odd occasion. She liked how he chased his tail in an effort to break loose when she had a hold of his tail.

(5:15 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010)

*** Villain ***

Villain. The bad guy.

Villain. The heavy.

Villain. A wicked or evil person.

Villain. The shop keeper. Or is he?

The problem is, where is our villain? Where are his side kicks? What are they up to? What are their motives? what do they know and what do they not know? Sadly, we don't really know the answer to any of these vital questions. Neither do Baldy and Mary on this particular morning. Let's see what they can learn shall we?

Mary gave Baldy some breakfast and made herself some fried johnny cake and ate it with butter and syrup and some fried sausage.

After breakfast Baldy slipped out and went over to Stan's to try and make some plans.

"Hey Baldy, what's up?"

"Hey Stan, how are you doing? I just came by to see if we can't make some progress towards dealing with this shop keeper issue and anything else we can figure out."

"Sure man, but why don't we go over to your place and have a confab with everyone?" asked Stan.

"Nah, I don't know why, but I want just the two of us to have a talk if you don't mind."

"Sure thing man, that's cool with me. If you figure out what's bothering you though let me know." said Stan.

"So, have you heard anything from the crew we sent up to Eleuthera?" asked Baldy.

"No, not yet, I can call them now if you like though."

"Why don't you do that and then we can talk things over in light of any developments up that way," said Baldy.

(5:54 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010)

Stan got in contact with North Eleuthera and found out that the rumour was that the shop keeper, the woman and the driver had stolen a go fast boat from the marina in Harbour Island and it was later found beached near Crossing Rocks in Abaco.

There were further rumours that they had been sighted in Hope Town, Guana Cay, Treasure Cay and Green Turtle Cay.

Stan came back and gave the report to Baldy.

(6:22 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010)

"OK, look, I have some connections up Abaco way so I am going to pull out all of the stops and we are going to pin those jokers down today and put them out of business. You can take that to the bank," said Baldy.

"If you say so, they seem to be a pretty slippery bunch though, I would be careful with those predictions if I were you."

"No, I have confidence in my boys, it's a done deal."

"If you say so. What else then?" asked Stan.

"Well, the next thing is this puzzle. It is bugging me in general and I don't know how we can make any progress but there is something else that confuses me. When we first found the map and I was all excited about it being a treasure map, Buster was all 'Don't get too worked up Baldy. Treasure is not all it is cracked up to be you know. It is the simple things in life that are priceless.' and I was not paying that one bit of mind. Now, I have a small idea that maybe it is not worth the danger it has put Mary and the rest of you guys in but he is all into finding it. It confuses me."

*** Happy ***

Happy. Not sad.

Happy. Day.

Happy. As a pig in ...

Happy. Glad.

Happy. Happiness.

Happy. Go lucky.

Happy. Holidays.

Happy. Camper.

(6:58 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010)

I can tell you someone who isn't all that happy right up in now gentle reader. Yes, that would be me. I really can't seem to get untracked at all today. What did I say earlier about plodding?

And so I plod on.

"Perhaps the excitement has just grown on him is all," said Stan. "I know I am more excited about it now. I think Buster is right, this is no time to give up on the search. We can find it. I can feel it in my bones. We just need to keep our spirits up and our minds sharp. We can't give in to despair. We can't give in to negative thoughts."

"You may be right," said Baldy, "but do you have any ideas what this wisdom and the north star thing could mean?"

----------
Nov 21/10

I want to take you to the
Beach tonight
I want to look at you by
Candle light
I want to kiss you till the
Morning comes
I wanna take you in my arms and
Give you some
Of the best things in life
Cause I
Hear they're free
I want to show you what you
Mean to me

----------

"Well let's see. The North Star. Polaris. The Little Dipper. The Little Bear. Ursa Minor. The Big Dipper. True North. Magnetic North. Anything give you any ideas?" asked Stan.

"No, not really," said Baldy, feeling dejected. "Anyway, I am going to head home and put in a call up to Abaco to get things in motion up there. If we can put that problem out of the way, we can take our time with the search."

"Later. I guess I will come by around noon to see how things are going and for an Abaco update." said Stan.

"Yeah and for some good Mary grub too huh?"

Stan laughed, "Well of course."

(7:50 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010)

It is tough gentle reader. Very tough.

When Baldy got home, Mary, Buster, and Zevelyn were sitting at the dining table looking at the map. The box was sitting on the table but no one seemed interested in it. When he saw them sitting there deep in conversation, he ran hot.

"And what is going on here?" he growled. "This is my treasure you know. Or did you all manage to forget about that?"

*** Opera ***

Well, the last quarter gentle reader.

"What is wrong with you Baldy?" asked Zevelyn. "Of course we are not trying to cut you out. No one knew where you had gone so we decided not to waste the morning."

Baldy growled. He thought about it. He calmed down a little. "Yeah, OK then. Did you make any progress?" he asked.

"No, not really. Here, take a look at the map again. Are you sure these lines don't mean anything to you?" said Buster.

Baldy almost growled but caught himself and only growled in his mind. "Here, let me see." He looked at the map again. He turned it upside down, he turned it sideways and then sideways the other way. "No, nothing really, I mean from the beginning we figured the lines were are part of a map of some sort but what if they aren't? Could they be something else?"

(8:48 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010)

And the slow, plodding progress continues gentle reader. One and on and on some more.

"What else could they be?" asked Zevelyn.

"What is bugging me is this wisdom and the North Star," said Baldy, "It is supposed to mean something but we are missing it. What could it be?"

They started to discuss things around the table and Baldy remembered that he hadn't made the call up to Abaco yet. He slipped out into the back yard and went up on the roof and over to his limb in the dilly tree.

He looked around to make sure that no one was around and put in his call to Abaco. The phone answered on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Yeah, hey, that you Blu Man?" asked Baldy.

"This the Blu Man, who wants to know?"

Baldy laughed, "Blue Man, how many times do I have to tell you, if you are gonna ask who wants to know, you do that before saying who you are. After that, it's too late."

"Baldy? Is that you you no good waste of a good name?" asked the Blu Man.

"Who wants to know?" asked Baldy laughing. "See? That's how you do it!"

""You are a nut, you know that. It is only parry dudes like you that need to ask first."

"OK Blu Man, I need a favour. I am sending you up some pictures of three people who have been giving me some problems down this way. I need you to run them down for me and keep them on ice until I can get up that way to deal with things myself. Are you good for that for me?" asked Baldy.

"Sounds OK oh bald one. Things have been a little slow up this way lately. I have been getting a little bored with myself and wondering where I might find me a little something to do for excitement. I think I am good for it. Tell me there is going to be a little danger in this to spice things up for me," said the Blu Man.

Well, gentle reader, it has been a real plod today. I have had to keep pushing but I have finally crossed the two thousand word mark. Finally!

(8:48 pm Sun Nov 21, 2010) 48549

There is no way I am getting to 50k like I was aiming at by the end of the weekend though. Still, I am very close now and this calls for a little celebration. Woot! There! I feel better after that little celebration!

I think I will say goodnight now. My eyes are tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment